My Summer Makeup Routine

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Happy Summer everyone!! Today I'm going to share with you my Summer Makeup Routine. In the summer, most people tend to limit their makeup, or just not wear any. I like to dim mines down a bit, and what I do is not all that difficult. I'm going to show you what I do from start to finish. Make sure to see my video tutorial as well! See you guys soon...




Step 1: I always wash my face with Nuetrogena's Oil Free Acne Wash in Pink Grapefruit. I start with this to give me a clean, and oil free face.

Step 2: I always moisturize my face no matter what season. I use Ambi's Even Clear Daily Moisturizer with SPF 30. Now while SPF is amazingly important for the skin, its important that you use a moisturizer with SPF in it so that it can balance out on your skin. I've seen people who use just plain sunscreen, with high amounts of SPf in them, and end up with a face that is tinted blue. The SPF formula has a blue tint, so becareful not to over-do it and end up looking like a smurf!! This moisturizer also helps even out my skin tone, just in case I get darker in the sun. Plus it's oil free so you dont have to worry about it being greasy.


Step 3: Now for my foundation/concealer it depends on the day. If it's a day that I really want to look dolled up, I will use my foundation. If its just a normal day running errands or something like that I'll just use a powder. For my foundation routine, I mix my liquid foundation with my Ambi moisturizer. Now I know I would have applied that already but I like to add it to the foundation so that it gives it a more light application. Doing this makes the foundation more like a "tinted moisturizer. I would just apply that all over my face normally with my E.l.f Powder brush (an amazing brush for applying foundation or powders!). I also like to apply my E.l.f Clarifying Pressed Powder on top of it just to keep it looking matte. I also to use under-eye concealer to give me a bright eyed look.


Step 4: For my eyes, I will most likely do a "bronzey" smokey eye or something with a pop of color. Some days I like to just apply dramatic eyeliner and some mascara and call it a day. Its just really what I'm in the mood to do.

Step 5: For lips I use 100% Vaseline! I know it sounds weird but I like Vaseline to keep the moisture in my lips. Something else that is more less traditional is the Sugar Lip Treatment with SPF 15. SPF is also very important for your lips, so I like to incorporate it in everything I use. I would also like to do a fun lip color now that I have new lipsticks courtesy of E.l.f Cosmetics.



Step 6: For my hair I like to go all out!! In the months when I go to school I mostly do straight, pony-tails, or waves. In the summer, I like to scrunch my hair or just do spiral curls. I'll do a tutorial on those hairstyles soon!!

So thats basically all I do for the warmer, summer months. It seems like a lot, but when compared to what is normally down it seems tiny!

What is most important to you when doing makeup in the summer months?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

AD SPACE


FEATURED