Iman BB Creme Review + Swatches

Wednesday, March 05, 2014

I'm here today to share my thoughts on the Iman BB Cream. This was one of the first BB creams to feature shades for Women of Color. Women with darker skin tones like myself had no options to BB creams before this one. I'm really excited to share my thoughts on it. This retails for $20 at select drugstores (Target, Walgreens etc.)  This BB cream contains a 'Skin Tone Evener Complex enriched with Acai, Licorice and Grape Seed', contains Kokum, Almond, Aloe, and Vitamins A, E and C to hydrate skin and is paraben free.


I hate to wear foundations as they are too thick and mask like. I opted for a BB cream because of its lightweight texture and moisturizing properties. As I stated above, this BB cream claims to contains a 'Skin Tone Evener Complex enriched with Acai, Licorice and Grape Seed'. This will help even your skin tone over time. This and the added SPF 15 are my favorite features of this product. It also contains Kokum, Almond, Aloe, and Vitamins A, E and C to hydrate skin and is paraben free.
Above I showed in photos the consistency and what it looks like blended. The coverage is light to moderate. I like to apply one layer, and then go back and add more where needed. This BB cream to me is buildable, meaning you can apply many layers on the face to get the desired coverage. 

It has a natural to dewy finish (you can see the shiny finish in the swatch above). If you have combo to oily skin I would stay away from this or just use a good mattifying powder to set it. I always use the Black Opal Deluxe Finishing Powder to set this because it adds a nice 'not too matte' look to my face. I wear this everyday to school, and I get compliments on how radiant my skin looks but they don't need to know I'm wearing a BB cream ;). 


This is definitely a product for someone who wants light-moderate coverage and SPF protection all in one. This lasts all day on my face, it feels like a moisturizer that helps my skin while giving me great minimal coverage. I like this product and I will most likely repurchase. It's like I found the match to all my foundation needs. It feels like it was formulated really well, with care and consideration of what us Women of Color want in a foundation/BB cream. Kudos to Iman Cosmetics! 

Price: $20 USD 
Availability: ImanCosmetics.com 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

AD SPACE


FEATURED