E.l.f Essential Lipsticks Review + Swatches

Friday, June 15, 2012

I recently purchased some stuff from E.L.F Cosmetics for my birthday. So this post is going to be on the lipsticks that i purchased from E.l.f. I got 3 lipsticks and they were $1!! Before you go crazy over the price, learn more about the product!!



Packaging: One thing I noticed when I opened these lipsticks for the first time is how fragile the packaging was. When twisting up the lipsticks you suddenly get a feeling that you have to be fragile with them otherwise the lipsticks would break in half. You are forced to be gentle with these because they are delicate. The outside packaging is nothing to complain about, as it is just a regular lipstick tube. They feel like $1 lipsticks though, I don't know weather that's a good or bad thing :/




Color/Pigmentation: These lipsticks when first swatched are bright. I got really bright colors. I didn't really intend for them to be that bright, these definitely cannot be worn everyday to school or work.
I got the shades; Flirtatious, Seductive, and Sociable. Seductive is more my color, its a plum/pink color and it contrast nicely with my skin.but overall they are pigmented and give you color.



Quality: The formula of the lipsticks could be WAY better. I would assume that lipsticks are supposed to be creamy and smooth to apply to the lips, but these seem to drag on your lips. Even with a lip moisturizer underneath, or Vaseline, its the same. It comes of on your lips really cheap and tacky looking. Also, the lipsticks have a cute scent to them. Almost like a sweet berry scent!

Well for me these lipsticks are love and hate, they're definitely colors that have to be worked with sparingly, or else i'll just look like a clown. My favorite is Seductive, it's just a nice color that can be used for everyday. I guess with these lipsticks you get what you payed for. But at a dollar, these lipsticks could suffice for someone who is just starting out with makeup, or doesn't do professional makeup!!

Watch my video review here




Have you tried any of E.l.f's lipsticks?? 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

AD SPACE


FEATURED