E.l.f Complete Coverage Concealer Review + Swatches :(

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Hi, everyone. I have a really interesting review for you today. I'm going to be talking about the E.l.f Complete Coverage Concealer. I got this product about 3 months ago for my birthday, it was $3 on E.l.f's website.


Packaging: This concealer palette has the "iconic" sleek black E.l.f Studio Line packaging. It's really sleek but it can take up space. The first thing that I noticed was that the cover of it, doesn't quite close right. You would think that it would "snap" closed, but it just falls into place. I wouldn't take something like this traveling.


Color/Pigmentation: With this product I feel like the idea of the 4 colors is nice. Everyone's skin-tone is different and it's a good idea to put different shades in it. For me, the colors are a bit annoying. I've tried to use the lightest color as a highlight color, and that didn't work out...I've tried to use the dark colors to hide blemishes and under-eye circles and it just doesn't hold up. It goes on oily, and it feels like your putting straight oil on your face. If I use this alone to cover up dark circles in the morning, by at lease 2 hours later it would just melt off my face. I also have the E.l.f All Over Cover Stick, and it works wonders. The All Over Cover Stick was $1 and this one is $3. For $1 I get MUCH more product in the tube than in these little rectangular pans.



Quality: These concealers have a oily feel to them. When you first open them you can literally see the oil seeping through them. They wouldn't be good for oily skin types, or people who just hate to feel oily!! I don't understand how a product that looks so light, can feel so oily and heavy. It's heaviness doesn't even help it to cover up blemishes.

Overall I think this product could have an amazing potential if brought back to the drawing board. It has an amazing idea behind it, but it just doesn't cut it for me. I think that the E.l.f All Over Cover Stick has much more quality and does an amazing job compared to this concealer.  I personally think that this products was a complete waste of my money. I hate to buy something i really thought would be good and then it turns out like this!I hope everyone that has tried this product has had a better outcome with it than me!!


See my video review here


Have you tried this concealer, how did it work for you??

You Might Also Like

0 comments

AD SPACE


FEATURED