Mac Pro Longwear Nourishing Waterproof Foundation NW50 Review

Friday, June 05, 2015

So after my failed attempt at using the Mineralize Moisture Foundation (review here), I decided to purchase the newest foundation by Mac Cosmetics. The new Pro Longwear Nourishing Waterproof Foundation caught my eye while browsing the new releases section of the Mac website. It promises a waterproof formula (can also be used as a concealer), that wears for 24 hours! Mac claims that it is oil-free, budge-proof, and gives a natural satin finish. I purchased it in-store at Saks, because my shade, NW50, was sold out everywhere. It comes with.84 fl oz as opposed to the standard 1 fl ounce. I think Mac could have made it 1 fl oz though, considering it was $32. Regardless, let's see how I like this new foundation!
The foundation comes in a squeeze tube with 25 mL or .84 fl oz.
My shade in this foundation is NW50, the darkest it comes in. Upon swatching it on the back of my hand, it seemed shades lighter than my skin. Once blended out on my face, it blends in perfectly! The formula has a medium thick consistency, and smooths amazingly over the skin. It does not contain SPF, but that's fine for me as my moisturizer does. I use either a kabuki brush to blend this onto my skin or a damp beauty blender sponge and they work great. With this foundation I experienced medium coverage, that I think can easily be built upon because of how it sets. 
Even though the consistency is initially a bit thick, it glides onto the skin and feels like nothing is on! That is one of my favorite things about it. It sets on the skin in about 30-45 seconds after applying. It feels dry to the touch, not sticky after it's applied. After that, it does not move! It gives a beautiful natural satin finish that is matte but allows a natural glow to shine through. You can see this below with the photos I included. All this makes me think that it will be great for all skin types.
This foundation lasts all day on my face, it does not allow for the skin to look too oily and maintains the natural satin finish all day. I wore this foundation to test it in my first impression review for about 6 hours and it looked great all day. I haven't worn it for 24 hours, who wears foundation for 24 hours??, so I cannot contest to that claim. I like that it does not move around on the face, which makes me excited to wear it during the hot summer months!

Here are some photos I took of how it wore on my face for about 6 hours.

I am very impressed with this foundation. It gives a very beautiful natural satin finish and is lightweight on the skin. My other makeup products like blush and concealer blend in nicely on top of this and I just love the ways it sets into place. It is very comfortable to wear and gives a nice medium coverage. I think that this has knocked my Iman BB Cream out of rotation for a while!
Here's my First Impression Demo video
__________________


post signature

You Might Also Like

0 comments

AD SPACE


FEATURED