ColourPop Cosmetics 'More Better' Ultra Matte Lip Review + Swatches

Monday, October 26, 2015

So in my review for the 5 Ultra Mattes I purchased this past summer, I said that I would never order from ColourPop again. They recently came out with 5 new shades for the fall and this shade, 'More Better', instantly caught my eye. It is a deep berry shade perfect for the fall and winter months. It looked like a great shade that would compliment my deep skin tone as well. So I spent the $6 on it. I used the code ThanksBabe and got $5 off, so I only ended up paying $1 plus the $3.99 shipping.
This liquid lipstick comes with a doe-foot applicator and a tube with hologram lettering. 
The Ultra Mattes come in a cute box with hologram lettering. 
This is a deep berry shade that is really flattering on my deep skin. It dries down matte but feels comfortable on the lips. It has a velvety-matte texture that doesn't feel dry on the lips. The finish is also a step higher than the original "straight up matte" formula. The swatches below show how the light bounces off this shade.
This shade had a great formula. It wasn't streaky or patchy to apply. The color was very opaque with just one coat. It has a thin formula like the other Ultra Mattes that I've tried as well, but not an issue. Once dried to a matte finish, it didn't budge. I did notice however, that this shade is more transfer-prone than my other Ultra Mattes. This shade washes off with soap, water and a bit of friction. The others only remove with an oil based cleanser/wipe. I can get about 5-6 hours of wear on my lips. Eating an oily food can wear the color down though, so be careful.

I am really happy with this shade! I like that ColourPop is introducing new limited edition shades to the Ultra Matte collection. Other liquid lipsticks can cost around $20, so these are really cost effective.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

AD SPACE


FEATURED