My Favorites for a Flawless Base

Friday, October 30, 2015

I have been waiting for months to do this post! Today I am finally going to share how I achieve a flawless base. Now I am not one to wear pounds of makeup. I love a light to medium coverage and very natural looking face. If you are still a bit confused by the end of reading this post, you can head over to my YouTube channel and watch one of my face routines!
I didn't include these two products in the photo, but I always moisturize my face with the Ambi Even & Clear Daily Moisturizer with SPF 30 and Sweet Almond Oil. I use these every time I cleanse my face, which is usually twice a day. They are great for evening out dark marks on the skin and giving moisture. I prime my face with the Smashbox Photofinish Primer To be very honest, I haven't really noticed a big difference with oil control or pore blurring with this primer. I just use it because it feels nice and glides onto the skin really well. It helps blend my foundation onto my face better.
I am not much of a foundation hoarder, so I have 2 trusty foundations in my stash. My forever favorite Iman BB Cream and the new MAC Pro Longwear Waterproof Foundation. 8 times out of 10 I use the BB cream. It gives me the most natural, dewy, light-medium coverage I love. The MAC foundation is good for going out during hot summer days. It gives a natural matte finish. I apply these with my E.l.f Small Stipple Brush.
Correcting usually comes before applying foundation but it is not something I do everyday. I use the LA Girl Pro Concealer in 'Orange' around my mouth to correct darkness. I do this when going somewhere special or a school event. For Concealing/Highlighting I use the LA Girl Pro Concealer in 'Espresso' under my eyes and in the middle of my forehead. This shade is about 1-2 shades lighter than my skintone, it is a very natural highlight shade that is not too bright. If I am looking for a lighter highlight, I use the shade 'Toast'.
Under my eyes to give a bit more brightness and to set my highlight, I use the Ben Nye Topaz Powder. I use this shade and not the famous "Banana" because it is a much better match for my skintone, it has a red undertone and is dark golden in color. I use a powder puff to pat on the Topaz powder and then brush the excess of with the E.l.f Complexion Brush. For the rest of my face I use the E.l.f Clarifying Pressed Powder or the Black Opal Deluxe Finishing Powder, these give a natural matte finish. I don't have to worry too much about oily-ness because I have dry/normal/combo skin. "I know, it changes by the seasons lol."
I always use a blush. On a day to day basis its 'Peach' by La Femme. Looks light in the pan, but it is amazing on deep skin. Blush helps to add color and dimension to my skin. I use the E.l.f Blush Brush
Much like blush, I use highlighters every time I wear makeup. I love a highlighter that gives me a glow from within. I use many but my go-to ones are the Wet n' Wild Mega Glo Illuminator in 'Starlight Bronze' and the E.l.f Baked Highlight in 'Blush Gems'. I use the E.l.f Blush Brush for this step as well. 

I hope this was helpful to anyone looking for products to perfect their face makeup routine! Any questions please let me know. 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

AD SPACE


FEATURED