Fall Makeup Trends + Favorites !

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Hi my lovely ladies! I hope all is well and that everyone is enjoying the first weeks of fall! Today I am doing a post on makeup products that I will be using more of now that it is fall. This year, I've been seeing so many new Fall trends. Like the bold red lips, dramatic eyes, no-shine skin. I love how everyone is modifying the norm, and creating trends!




For the face, I've seen more and more people rocking Matte Skin. All through the summer, people were into shiny, highlighted, and bronzed skin. Now that the temperature is cooling down, Matte skin is the way to go. There are so many ways to achieve the flat look. You can use a mattyfying primer underneath your makeup to make sure that your face stays oil-free all day long. After applying your foundation, you should apply a pressed powder  to your whole face to keep everything oil-free. I use the E.l.f Clarifying Pressed Powder, it's only $1 and it gives me oil-free coverage all day long.

On the cheeks, deep burgundy blushes are hot right now. During the summer the trend was orange-toned blushes. Blushes with dark red, and plum tones are amazing for Fall & us Darker skinned ladies! Now note: the blushes that I am about to mention are ones that I do not own, but I love how great they are for Fall! Blushes like MAC's Devil, Sleek's Flushed, and Nars Outlaw are great for Fall.

Left to Right : NARS Outlaw Blush & Sleek Flushed Blush

Now, for lips...this is probably the most Fall makeup achieving thing you can do. Deep red & Burgundy Lip colors are definitely in this season. Now I watch probably 20-40 makeup videos daily, (I know right...) and in almost all of the Fall makeup looks, girls are rocking dark red lips. This trend has been around for ages, and I think that right now, it's been really popular. Try lipsticks such as MAC's Rebel, Sleek's Mulberry, and Wet n' Wilds's Sugar Plum Fairy. I've seen these dark lippies on numerous beauty gurus!

Let to Right : Wet & Wild Sugar Plum Fairy Lipstick & MAC Rebel Lipstick

For me personally, I have to improvise with my Fall makeup trends :( I don't really have that much makeup, so I have to use what I have.


 For achieving that matte face, I use E.l.f's Claryfying Pressed Powder. If you're  not  new to my blog, you've heard me proclaim my love for this powder already! I love this powder, it keeps my face matte all day long, and did I mention that it was a dollar? Yes ONE whopping dollar :D


For my blush, I'm starting to go back to the first E.l.f blushes I've purchased. I use E.l.f Blushing Rose on a daily basis now, it's deeper than any of my other blushes and it's great for dark skin.

E.l.f Studio Powder Blush in Blushing Rose
 For that dark lip, I use E.l.f Lipstick in Sociable. This color is more of a deep, hot pink that a dark red. But it suits my skin well enough for the fall.

Top to Bottom : E.l.f Lipstick in Sociable, E.l.f Lipstick in Seductive, NYX Lip Pencil in Chocolate
I'm not as excited to see Fall come around because of the horrible weather :D , but I'm definately excited to see the makeup trends. Not to mention the fashion trends as well ;) Until next time!

What will you be changing up in terms of makeup for the Fall? 

See the E.l.f blushes mentioned above here - E.l.f Studio Blushes
Want to see these lipsticks? Click here - E.l.f Essential Lipsticks



                         

You Might Also Like

0 comments

AD SPACE


FEATURED