Back to School: Brush Cleaning

Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Hi everyone! I hope everyone enjoyed their Labor Day weekend. I also hope that those who go back to school this week are ready to start learning again! I start school on Thursday the 6th, and I'm so excited to see all of my friends and to get back into the swing of things. This week I'm busy getting ready for school. I'm ironing my uniforms, buying last minute accessories, and other stuff. Over the summer I didn't wear much makeup simply because I didn't need to, and it's less of a hassle. Today I washed all of my makeup brushes just to have them clean for my first days at school.


To wash them, I use my face cleanser the Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash in Pink Grapefruit and I mix it with a simple antibacterial hand soap. I wet the brush bristles, with the brush facing upside down (so the water doesn't get into the ferrules and loosen the glue that keeps the brush together). I place the soap into the palm of my hand and I swirl the bristles into it. I keep "swirling" the brush around until all the makeup is out of the brush. I repeat this process one more time, which is just making sure that the brush is clean. I then place the brush on a paper towel on its side to dry. TIP: It's better to dry brushes up-side down to prevent water and soap from getting into the ferrules of the brush. Nothing is worse than your favorite makeup brush breaking in half!




When doing your makeup, whether it be everyday or one a week; it is very important that you wash/clean your makeup brushes regularly. Once a week is good for anyone. Practicing tips like this not only are clean, but they help your health as well!

See my video on how I clean my makeup brushes below...

Check out where I got these brushes here...


You Might Also Like

0 comments

AD SPACE


FEATURED