"New" E.l.f Essential Flawless Eyeshadow Review + Swatches !

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Continuing my partial coverage on E.l.f's new essential line makeup, I picked up the new Flawless Eyeshadow Palette. This palette comes in 7 different shades, and I picked up the shade "Golden Goddess". I picked this specific palette because I saw it as a great fall palette with all it's bronze shades. This palette retails for $2 on the E.l.f Cosmetics website. Let's see what I think about this eyeshadow palette. 



This specific palette is called "Golden Goddess". It has a bronze color scheme, and contains all shimmer shades. No matte shades here! I was drawn to the great colors, but when I got home and swatched them I was utterly disappointed. The colors are one thing, CHALKY. On my fingers the formula felt dry and dusty. On my eyelids, I tried to use all of the colors to create a smokey eye...disaster. The shades didn't come up seperately on my lids. They simply blended in together and not in a good way. Simple to say, these eyeshadows have no pigmentation. 

The palette packaging is the only thing about this product that I like. I like the sleek white and silver casing and the easy access clear lid. It comes with a sponge applicator that I usually toss. This palette reminds me of the Wet n' Wild Color Icon Trio Palette a lot. They used the same idea used to mark what shades go where, except this palette contains 4 colors and not 3. Also the Wet n' Wild palette has much better pigmentation and formulation. (just saying)

Personally, I feel like this palette is well worth $2. It isn't a quality eyeshadow palette. I think that this product would of been an amazing addition to E.l.f's essential line if it was made with better formulation. I think that with the Wet n' Wild Palette similarities, it would have matched up great if it weren't for the poor quality of the eyeshadows. I think the pigmentation would be a little better if applied wet, but I haven't tried that so I can't really say. It would be sad if all of the 7 shades that this palette comes in were as poor as this one, but I won't be purchasing them to find out.

Price: $2
Availability: Here at the E.l.f Cosmetics website

You Might Also Like

0 comments

AD SPACE


FEATURED