"New" Essential E.l.f Jumbo Eyeshadow Stick Review + Swatches !

Thursday, August 08, 2013

Another one of E.l.f's new line of makeup is the Jumbo Eyeshadow Stick. Now if you are the least bit into makeup & beauty, these might look a little familiar. NYX carries a similar jumbo eyeshadow pencil that works really well and coms in a variety of shades. This eyeshadow stick by E.l.f comes in 10 shades, ranging from nudes to deep night-time shades. I only purchased one shade "Turkish Coffee" because of the very poor selection at Kmart. This product retails for $2 and can be found at E.l.f's website and drugstores near you. So let's see what I think about this Eyeshadow Stick!



The shade "Turkish Coffee" is a chocolare bronze shade. It isn't matte, it has shimmers in it. As you can see in my swatch below, the color isn't very vibrant. On my dark eyelids it doesn't come up much. I have to layer it to get some color pay-off. In terms of staying power, on my eyelids (without a primer) it started to crease about an hour of applying it. With a primer it lasted about 4 hours. I suggest that a good primer/base be used with this eyeshadow stick. 
left: one swipe - right: several swipes
*Ignore my rings, I AM NOT married! 
The packaging is the same as the new Jumbo Lip Gloss Sticks from E.l.f. The same twist up mechanism for replenishing. I like the pencil form because you can apply the product straight to your eyes, no need to use a brush! Very travel friendly. 

I think that E.l.f definately tried to mimmick the NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencils with this one. I think to match up with NYX, they should perfect the formula a bit. Make the pencils more vibrant and long-lasting. Also, they should add more shades. If they fix them up a bit, there pencils would be a knock out!

Price: $2 
Availability: Here at the E.l.f Website (Use code SHIP25 for free shipping on orders over $25)
________________
-Mariam .x 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

AD SPACE


FEATURED