"New" E.l.f Long-lasting Lustrous Eyeshadow Review + Swatches !

Monday, August 26, 2013

Today I am sharing some of the new E.l.f Long-lasting Lustrous Eyeshadows. After I apply my eye primer, I love to use a cream eyeshadow as a base, so when E.l.f released these, I was really curious to see how these performed! These new eyeshadows come equipped with a fun texture and retail for $3 on the E.l.f Website. 



These eyeshadows come in 7 different shades. I picked up only 4 shades because I felt that they were staple colors that I could use with different eye looks. All of the shades contain shimmers and have a really cool texture. Regular cream eyeshadows don't have the texture that these have. These have a "bouncy/whipped" consistency, like the Maybelline Bouncy Blushes. I personally love that, I think it's different and fun. 

Sorry for the horrible glare
Left to right - Gala, Party, Toast, Soiree

 The shades I picked up were; Party, a very dark grey (almost black), Soiree, a light purple (almost pink), Gala, a deep burgundy, and Toast a bright gold. Keep in mind that ALL of these shades contain shimmers. I feel that the shimmers in them come out much more than the actual pigments. I find these for better use as a finisher on top of eyeshadows. I couldn't find a way to use these as a base, BUT on top of regular powder eyeshadows, these are great. They give a fun finish to the look without being too gaudy. In terms of staying power, I cant really tell if they crease because I use these on top of powder eyeshadows, but the shimmers stay shining all day! 





The shades I picked up were; Party, a very dark grey (almost black), Soiree, a light purple (almost pink), Gala, a deep burgundy, and Toast a bright gold. Keep in mind that ALL of these shades contain shimmers. I feel that the shimmers in them come out much more than the actual pigments. I find these for better use as a finisher on top of eyeshadows. I couldn't find a way to use these as a base, BUT on top of regular powder eyeshadows, these are great. They give a fun finish to the look without being too gaudy. In terms of staying power, I cant really tell if they crease because I use these on top of powder eyeshadows, but the shimmers stay shining all day! 

The eyeshadows are housed in glass jars. Now what I find really strange is that my jars did not come with labels to show what color was which, but when I look at other reviews of these eyeshadows, the jars have labels. I find it a bit annoying, but I have learned to memorize the names. 

I would recommend this to anyone who likes glitter eyeshadow, but doesn't like the idea of loose glitters. They give a really nice finish to regular eyeshadow looks without being too dramatic, but I don't think that these would be really good as eyeshadow bases. if you are looking for a good eyeshadows base, try the E.l.f Smudge Pots. They have great staying power, and come in many colors. I don't think that I would purchase the rest of the colors that these come in because I don't see anything special about them as I am happy with the colors I do have! 

Price: $3
Availability: Here on Amazon.com

_______________
Until next time...
-Mariam .x


You Might Also Like

0 comments

AD SPACE


FEATURED