"New" E.l.f Essential Jumbo Lip Gloss Sticks Review + Swatches !

Tuesday, August 06, 2013

E.l.f Cosmetics has recently rolled out a bunch of new products. Their essential line seems to have had a complete makeover! New items, including the Jumbo Lip Gloss Sticks, now cost $2. Not a pretty high price increase from $1. The Jumbo Lip Gloss Pencils come in 8 shades, and I only purchased one due to the poor selection in Kmart. The shade I purchased "Movie Star" is the darkest and the boldest color that E.l.f carries. So lets see what I think about this new E.l.f Lip Gloss Stick!



For some reason, no matter how much I look into E.l.f makeup, this product confused me. When I was in-store purchasing this, I thought that it was more like a lip stain rather than a gloss. So I was shocked when I first applied this to my lips. This shade "Movie Star", is a berry red color. On my "dark" lips it doesn't show up very much. I have to layer it multiple times to get some red on my lips. It gives a good bit of moisture to my lips. On my lips, this product reminds me of Strawberry-flavored Chapstick!

The packaging of this product is really innovative. It comes with a good amount of product that is replenished by twisting the bottom of the tube. The tube itself is made from sturdy plastic that feels secure but not bulky.


Overall, I would not recommend this lip gloss stick to women with dark lips. I think that this shade would work best on fair-skinned beauties. I think that E.l.f tried to mimmick NYX's Jumbo Lip Pencils or the Revlon Just Bitten Balm Stains. Either way I feel like E.l.f should add a few more colors to the selection because the lighter shades all look the same to me. 

Price: $2
Availability: Here at the E.l.f Website (Use code SHIP25 for free shipping on orders over $25)

________________
Until next time...
-Mariam .x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

AD SPACE


FEATURED