Wet n' Wild Idol Eyes Cream Shadow Pencils (Review + Swatches)

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Today's post is dedicated to one of the most popular makeup trends right now: Cream Eyeshadows! Cream eyeshadows are more and more becoming everyday makeup items as eyeshadow bases, or worn alone. The Cream Eyeshadow Pencils by Wet n Wild are a great staple of mine. I love these pencils because they are affordable (less than $5), extremely creamy, and easy to carry around. I want to emphasize that these pencils are better used as bases, and not primers. When worn alone, they crease pretty badly, I like to use an eyeshadow primer under neath to keep them from creasing. 



I discovered these when I was looking for a pearl-pink eyeshadow base. I went into rite-aid and purchased the color Pixie about a year ago. I love it because it gave a nice subtle shimmer to my eyelids, without looking too shimmery. I use this color as a base because, as I stated above, it creases throughout the day. I also like to use this as a highlight color to my brow. 
Pixie

The color Distress was purchased by me about 2 weeks ago. I used this one in my Navy Smokey Eye Tutorial and I LOVED the color it gave me. It came off as a really vibrant electric blue that did great things for my dark skin. Sadly, this color couldn't have been used alone as it started to wear off about 10 minutes after I applied it. I used an identical powder eyeshadow over it and it turned out great! 
Distress

If you are planning to pack light and you want something easy to apply these are for you! These are applied right from the tube like a crayon. And only need to be sharpened when needed. I like these because if I needed to, I could create an entire smokey eye with just my finger and these pencils!


I love these pencils because they give great color payoff, which is really important to me as I have dark skin. I would love these even more if they didn't crease as much. Also, Wet n' Wild would do good to release some new colors for these pencils. There are only about 6 shades including the ones I have and the colors are almost identical. I would buy these again for sure if they lasted longer on the eyelid without anything on top of them, and if there was a bigger color selection.

Price: $2.99 each
Availability: BeautyJoint.com

______________
Until next time...
-Mariam .x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

AD SPACE


FEATURED