Black Opal Deluxe Finishing Powder Review !

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Hi ladies! Today I am reviewing the Black Opal Deluxe Finishing Powder! I read about Black Opal on other beauty blogs and I heard great things about their face powders. With that I yearned to have one myself! I miraculously found a Black Opal display in my local Rite-Aid and picked up this powder in a color best for me. If you would like to know how I feel about this powder, keep on reading!




This jar contains a decent amount, 1 oz. Which is far than enough to last a long time. This powder is also in loose format which can get annoying as it had has the tendency to get EVERYWHERE! But if you did like I did, and only pulled the seal back halfway, you will not have such a big mess when trying to get product out.


I have normal-combination skin, I classifying it that way because my face can get extremely dry if not moisturized, and oily when I wear makeup for more than 3 hours. Before this powder I used the E.l.f Clarifying Pressed Powder. That powder gave me an amazing matte finish on top of my foundation and it really set everything into place. My face would be so matte after applying, that I would have to apply a highlighter and a blush to bring back color to my face.


This powder gives a translucent/matte finish. I like that because it controls shine and oiliness but leaves me with the original finish of my foundation. The foundation that I use this powder with is the Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse Foundation. It gives me a natural/dewy finish that I really like! When using this powder It dusts really nicely onto my skin, and doesn't feel like it is clogging my pores. I like the "light" texture of the powder as it is finely milled. 


When using this powder it seems to combat the natural sheen of my face off a few hours. It doesn't completely remove all oiliness but it controls it for a time. I haven't experienced if the powder helps my face makeup stay on longer, as I don't need my "face" to stay on for more than 5 hours. 

Overall I am extremely happy with this powder, as it does wonders for my skin. I also am planning to get a few more things from Black opal as I feel there brand is a great outlet for WOC!
Do you prefer loose to pressed powder?

Availability: BlackOpalBeauty.com
Price: $8.95
_____________
Until next time...
-Mariam .x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

AD SPACE


FEATURED