E.l.f Mineral Infused Face Primer Review

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Hey everyone! I have a brand new review for you today. The E.l.f Mineral Infused Face Primer has been in the spotlight for a while, so I though I would try it out. I got this primer for $6 on the E.l.f Website. I've seen a lot of good things about this primer, such as comparisons to the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer. I don't own the Smashbox primer so I can't compare them but if you would like to hear my opinion on this primer keep on reading.


Packaging: The packaging I think could be way better. The bottle is a sturdy plastic that could shatter easily if provoked. The one thing that is always annoying about this bottle is the pump. It's really difficult to get a controlled amount of product from this bottle. When trying to pump out a certain amount it "spatters" everywhere! You can never just pump out a "half a pump". I think it wastes products that way.  For me I use this primer around my nose and above/below my lips. That would require half a pump but I have to wipe away the excess after it spits out too much product. I think the pump is the most defective this about the bottle. Other than that the rest of the bottle if fine.



The size of the bottle, compared to how much product is inside it is a little annoying. The bottle has all of this excess plastic, when the actual product is contained it the white bottle on the inside! If they would fill all of the bottle space it would be better. 



Quality: This primer is described on the E.l.f website as some thing, "Developed to combat against excess oil, flacky dryness, enlarged pores and fine lines. This clear multipurpose skin primer will prepare your skin so makeup goes on evenly for a long lasting satin finish." For me the primer does help my makeup go on on more evenly and smoothly. The makeup does have a nicer feel to the skin after the use of this primer. The primer does have a sharp, silicone smell to it, but after it's applied it wears off. I've also noticed when I'm putting it on my skin, the clear gel feels sort of "chemical-y" or oily. I suppose it's the silicone. Other than that it does help my makeup smooth on nicely onto my skin. I haven't really observed if it helped my makeup last all day (about 12 hours) so I cant say if it does. 


Overall I like this primer, but I don't think I would buy it again. For the price it is a great product but I think that there could be more to this product that just inst there. For people looking for a cheap, face smoothing primer this would be great. But if you're someone who needs a face primer to give substantial amount of help to your face, and to target certain problems; this isn't for you. In the end, I hope E.l.f can bring out a new and improved face primer, to target different skin issues, because this one isn't it. 

Have you tried this product? What did you like and what didn't you like about it?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

AD SPACE


FEATURED