Maybelline The Colossal Volume Express Mascara Review

Wednesday, December 05, 2012

A few moths ago, I came to my senses and went out and purchased a new mascara. I was sadly using a clear mascara (I know) on my lashes. I purchased one of the newer mascaras from Maybelline, The Colossal Volume Express. I got it from CVS, for $6.99 and you can find it HERE.






Maybelline is, if not the best mascara brands out there. They carry many different types depending on your preference. Different brush sizes, different formulas.  Some are horrible, and some are amazing, lets find out what group I feel this mascara belongs to! 


According to Maybelline.com, this mascara gives you..."Colossal lashes in just one coat!Creates 9x the volume, instantly Collagen formula  + mega brush plumps lashes"


When you open the mascara for the first time, the first thing you notice is the HUGE brush, or "Colossal" brush. I found that the brush is good for lengthening the lashes as opposed to volumizing them. Usually if you want to add volume to your lashes, you use the brush to apply the mascara to the base of the lashes, since his brush it so big, that method cannot be done. Also the brush does an okay job at separating the lashes, again this is due to the huge size.


As for the formula, I think it does a great job at making the lashes look fuller and longer. I have found that the mascara makes me lashes look as if I am wearing false lashes! Which is great for me because I haven't had much luck with the things! I also haven't seen much clumping. It only clumps when I apply too much of it. I think the brush does a great job at placing a reasonable amount onto the lashes. When it dries, it doesn't seem flaky or crispy (LOL). It feels as if there is something on the lashes, but it dries nicely, and doesn't feel wet.


Overall I think this mascara is great for anyone who wants a noticeable change in their lashes. It is easy to use, and gives great length. I wouldn't purchase this if you usually apply mascara to the base or root of the lashes.

Watch my video review ! 



Have you tried this mascara? Or any other Maybelline mascara?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

AD SPACE


FEATURED